If you’ve ever travelled with a pet, you’ve probably wanted to make your travel plans contingent on whether your dog or cat is going to get its shots before you head out. And, if you’ve ever had to leave a vacation home to get an urgent checkup for your pet, you know that the vaccinations are risky and expensive.
Many people have pets, and they love them. The pets tend to give the people they care about company, make their days better, provide them with much joy, show them unwavering love, and give them a sense of security. Sadly, not all of them are insured. Pet insurance is gaining more popularity due to how money it can save owners for unexpected costs and how important it is for some people to be covered for their pets.
What is Pet Insurance?
Pet insurance is a hot topic in the travel industry right now. Much like travel insurance, pet insurance allows you to protect your cat or dog in a situation that could cause undue financial hardship. The most common problem is if your pet gets sick while away, forcing you to pay more cash to get them back on their feet. The good news is that pet insurance is usually purchased during the pre-trip research phase. It ensures you won’t have to pay much out of pocket if your pet gets sick or injured. The bad news is that pet insurance is not a sure thing.
Here’s why it is essential to get pet insurance:
- If you’ve ever lost a pet, you know that you can’t properly grieve for them until you know they’re insured. That’s why it’s so important to have pet insurance. Pets are hard to save sometimes, but insurance can help you through a difficult period.
- Pets can add so much to our lives, but what happens when they get sick or injured? Most of us would eventually face the dilemma of deciding to pay out of pocket or utilize some out-of-pocket savings. On the other hand, Pet insurance is a way to reduce the financial burden of caring for a pet while also providing financial coverage in case of illness or injury.
- If your pet needs to be by your side, then there’s a strong likelihood you’ll need to pay for medical bills should something happen. If your pet is a cat or a dog, it is crucial that you get pet insurance. It can help you save money and, in some situations, prevent you from having to worry about how to pay for surgeries, emergency care, and more.
- Your dog, cat, or other pet is an essential member of your family. If a pet gets sick, it can be costly and time-consuming to take care of them while in the hospital. That is why pet insurance is essential.
- When you go on vacation, and you’re planning to want to take your pet with you but are not entirely sure how much you will end up paying for a pet sitter, it could be a risk. Many people opt not to take their pets on their trips because it can also be expensive.
- Most pet insurance policies will cover veterinary care for your pet for one year, and the deductible is typical $500. If you have a dog, the cost will probably be less than $500, but it could be $1,000 or higher if you have a cat. After the deductible is taken care of, the insurance cost will be a fraction of the average veterinary bill. Dogs are usually older than cats and have a shorter life expectancy.
So, why buy insurance for your pets? Insurance is a form of protection. After reading so many articles about the perils of traveling with pets, you may be wondering why pet owners should ever travel at all. Well, consider that your pet will be by your side for the duration of your trip, which means that the chances of injury or illness are significantly increased. Moreover, since your pet is an integral part of your family, it is essential to plan appropriately. And don’t forget the added expense of boarding and pet sitting while you are on your trip.